What could the Implementation of IR35 in the private sector mean to the logistics sector?
- Market Intelligence suggests during industry off peak periods, fulfilment within the logistics sector in terms of vehicle manning is in the region of 105%, the same intelligence suggests in peak periods fulfilment is in the region of 60-70%.
- 2.54 million People work in the haulage and logistics industry. The sector is the UK’s fifth largest employer.With over 600,000 Goods Vehicle driving licence holders.
- The UK currently needs an additional 60,000 HGV drivers, with around fifty drivers leaving the profession on a daily basis.
- The number of Limited company drivers is unclear, working for businesses direct or supplied through agencies however, this is estimated at 40% of the total logistics workforce.
Can your business afford not to use limited company drivers? QS Recruitment has the solution for your business…
In simple terms, what is the criteria your business needs to be meet in order to be affected by IR35?
· Does your business turn over 10.2 Million?
· Does your business have assets of over 5.1 million?
· Does your business employ over 50 staff?
If you answer yes to at least 2 out of three of the above then your business is in scope of IR35
As the private sector heads toward 6th April 2020, businesses that are currently engaging limited company contractors will be asking themselves a number of questions in relation to IR35.
- Is our business in scope of IR35?
- Can the business continue to use the flexible workforce currently engage?
- What are the implications of being caught out?
- What does the business need to do in terms of due diligence to continue to use limited drivers?
- What could the business face in terms of HMRC should we get a determination wrong?
- Can the businesses current workforce manage without Limited drivers?
- What are our agency partners doing to support the business?
Download our document on how we can help you come over your IR35 struggles and help you avoid the pitfalls.
Quality Service Recruitment, we’re here to help.