HGV Mechanic / Trailer Technician
This role is on going and full-time.
You will be paid £10 per hour, which could rise to £11 per hour after your probationary period.
You will be expected to work Monday to Friday, with your shifts beginning at 7:00am and finishing at 5:00pm. In addition, you may also have to work some Saturdays.
Permanent positions with immediate starts are available for experienced HGV/LGV trailer technicians.
Our client, a well-established HGV/LGV servicing company based in Rotherham are seeking to expand their team with experienced trailer technicians.
Your role will involve many different aspects of mechanical repairs, some of your duties will include:
• Testing vehicles and diagnosing faults
• Recognising and reporting symptoms of impending failure
• Servicing/adjusting and repairing vehicles and/or components
• Completing job records
• Ordering replacement parts
To apply for this position you must:
• Hold a valid driving licence
• Have previous experience in heavy vehicle mechanics
• Have the ability to work well under pressure
• Be a team player
• Have the ability to use your own initiative
• Have excellent literacy, numeracy and problem solving skills
• Be able to pay good attention to detail
Please note: Having a HGV driving licence would be advantageous although it is not an essential requirement. In addition, being IRTEC and VOSA qualified would be extremely beneficial but again, this is not essential.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references