HGV/LGV Class 2 Refuse Drivers / Days / Full-Time
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
This role is ongoing and could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The pay rate for this role is £10.20 for all hours worked. After 12 weeks, the pay rate will increase to £12.66, with time and a half paid after 8 hours per day. Any work on weekends or bank holiday is paid at double time.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm.
As a class 2 refuse driver you will be working as part of a team for the biggest waste management company in the UK. You will be required to work in small crews and will be responsible for your own route within areas of Sheffield. Some of your main responsibilities will be ensuring the completion of the route safely including taking your time getting around tight roads without causing any damage and checking the on-board computer so that the vehicle isn’t holding too much weight.
To apply you must have:
- A valid HGV Class 2 licence
- A driver’s CPC card
- At least 1 year commercial driving experience
- No more than 6 points
- No drink/drug driving convictions
You must be physically fit and able and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references