HGV Class 2 Refuse Driver
Chesterfield, South Yorkshire
This is a fulltime, ongoing role which can lead to permanent work for the right candidate
This role will pay £10.20 for all hours for the first 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, the pay rate will be £12.99 with time and half paid after 8 hours a day. Double time is paid for any work taken at weekends or bank holidays
This role is working 6.30am until 3.00 daily Monday to Friday.
Working for the biggest waste management company in the UK this role as a class 2 refuse driver will be working as part of the team with the local councils. Working in small crews you will be responsible for your own route within the local area. All routes are split into morning and afternoons but the working day remains at 9 hours. You will be required to complete the route safely, including checking to see if you physically get around tight roads without causing damage, ensuring the public isn’t in danger and checking the on-board computer so that vehicle doesn’t hold to much weight.
To apply for this role you must hold a valid HGV Class 2 driving licence along with the drivers CPC qualification card. Must have at least 1-year’s commercial driving experience, no more than 6 points and no DR/DD driving convictions. Must be able to work as part of a team, be physically fit and able.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references