HGV Class 2 Driver – Days
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
This is an ongoing assignment and can lead to permanent work for the right candidate
This role will pay £11.50 per hour
This role is Monday to Friday with start times ranging from 4am – 7am depending on driver availability and route given
Reputable general haulier are looking to extend the team of drivers. Drivers would be required to partake in various assignments depending on contract you would be working on. All work is loaded and unloaded for you so minimal handball is required. Drivers will be either driving curtain siders or flatbeds. Drivers would be require to ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, the vehicle is maintained to a good standard and any issues are reported back to the transport office.
To apply for this role driver must hold entitlement to drive a class 2 vehicle, hold the drivers CPC qualification and hold a valid digital tachograph card. Must have held licence for minimum of 1 year and have no more than 6 points
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references