Class 1 HGV Driver – Nights
Normanton, West Yorkshire
The rate of pay for this role is £12 per hour with £14 paid after 8 hours. Saturday is paid at £14 and Sunday is £16 per hour. Potential Earnings can be over £650 per week.
The working hours are Monday to Friday with a 6am daily start. Routes are planned for working time to between 10 – 12 hours. Optional overtime available on weekends
Join one of the UKs largest distribution and transport services whom pride run logistics for some of the UKs largest businesses today. The company have over 1500 trucks on the road a day. Thanks to an in house repairs and maintenance team, the vehicles are maintained to a great standard. This role will involve inter depo trunking between sites across the UK. The trailers are all curtain sided so a level of strapping is required due to the freight being trunked. Also a small level of handball is required but most of the freight will be fork lifted off and on. All general duties will be expected like paperwork and pre departure checks to be completed.
Candidates for this role must have:
•Entitlement to drive a Class 1 Vehicle
•Hold the drivers qualification card (CPC)
•Have a valid digital tachograph card
•Experience within a similar role
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references