Class 1 HGV Driver – Days
This is an ongoing role and can lead to permanent work for the right candidate(s)
The rate(s) of pay for this role will £11.00 per hour (Days), Nights are at £12.00, weekend work is £13.00 - £15.00 per hour
This role(s) will have a working week of Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday. Start times will be given to you daily. Driver(s) can give preference on AM’s or PM’s.
The hours of work for this role will be either Tuesday to Saturday, or Sunday to Thursday. Start times will be discussed prior to your working day. Drivers can also give preference on AMs or PMs.
Drivers required to join a family run, well established distribution and logistics business. You will be required to make deliveries to various RDC’s and warehouses throughout the UK. There will be minimal handball required. On the average day, you can expect to make 2-3 drops with a potential collection. The Transport manager will provide you routes the day before your working day starts.
The ideal candidate for this role must hold:
Class 1 vehicle licence
Hold a valid digital tachograph card
Have the drivers CPC qualification
Previous experience is desired
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references