Class 1 Driver – Weekend Days
This is an ongoing position with an immediate start date.
The pay rate for this role is as follows; Saturdays paying £14.00 per hour and Sundays paying £15.00 per hour.
In this position will be working weekends, Saturday and Sunday. Days starting at 06:00 and your shifts will be lasting approximately for 10-12 hours.
Class 1 drivers are needed to join a professional team and company, taking part in their operation. You will be required to take part in straight forward trunking, each shift consisting of 3 drops. When making the drops there will be little to no handball involved. The vehicles you will be driving are all brand new DAF Class 1 rigs this haulier intends on getting good use out of these vehicles and so this work is regular and ongoing with no end date.
To be suitable for this role you must:
- Have a full UK Drivers Licence with a C+E entitlement.
- Have a minimum of 12 months continuous experience driving articulated lorries in the UK
- Have no more than 6 points on your Licence
- Have a strong and coherent understanding of driver’s working hours and working time directive.
- Have a Digital Tacho Card (Digicard)
- Have a valid Driver CPC Card
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references