Exciting opportunity to start working for a leading optical design & manufacturing business in Leicestershire.
We are pleased to be looking for the right candidate to join us & start working as an optical technician on a permanent basis.
As an optical technician you will be able to work in or have a good understanding of two or more departments within the fabrication area. In doing so you will pick up and gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience of the applicable technologies and principles, enabling you to work mainly unsupervised.
Most of your duties will be completed working from your own initiative whilst also adhering to standard operating procedures and work instruction documents.
You will have the ability to consistently demonstrate high levels of efficiency and quality in your output whilst ensuring scrap and rework is kept to a minimum.
You will have excellent communication skills & be comfortable in providing your manager with feedback on your progress, concerns or suggestions. You will also be happy to communicate with internal customers & provide prompt feedback.
• Be competent to use in-process inspection equipment within the department
• Be able to interpret information to make changes to the process where necessary
• Achieve & maintain low levels of scrap and rework
• Have a good understanding for the relevant standard quality specifications
• Examine all work prior to passing onto the next stage and be sure that it meets all requirements
• Show good levels of craftsmanship and quality in the products that you produce
• Consistently work towards, and improve, standard manufacturing times
• Be able to manufacture high specification optics utilising your knowledge in fabrication processes
You will have previous, proven experience within an engineering background, references will be required. You must have a pass qualification in Maths – GCSE level or above.
You will be competent in using all Microsoft packages, mainly Word & Excel whilst also being able to complete arithmetic tasks with a calculator.