Are you looking to take the next step within your engineering career?
We are excited to announce we have an opening for a coating technician to join our client on a permanent basis. Working for one of the “trailblazers of optics” you will be part of the team creating smarter solutions for customers.
Your job role will be to assist the coating department by using optical technological knowledge to help with production requirements. You will be expected to meet on-time-delivery requirements & Yield expectations, staying competitive within the current market and assisting in new product development. You will be able to make recommendations for continuous process improvements and may instigate relevant development activity, regularly demonstrating exemplary levels of efficiency and quality in your output.
There are many key responsibilities within this role which include (but are not exclusive to) the following:
• To run numerous processes on different coating plants in the department successfully, maintain the appropriate paperwork/route sheets correctly
• Ability to measure and assess work on the appropriate spectrophotometers
• Ability to identify coating defects such as spatter, striae, delamination, lint marks, comet marks etc. and understand the possible causes and know the type of action to take to avoid their occurrence. Possesses a thorough understanding of relevant Surface Quality Specifications and how the above relates to them
• Capable of stripping optics safely, observing Local Health and Safety rules
• Read and understands all prints and specifications for optical coatings and checks desired specification.
• Competent to complete the environmental testing as per iso/mil standards.
• Maintain a tidy work area and work within the guidelines as laid down by the HSWE.
• Understand and adhere to the relevant Quality Control Procedures in accordance with ISO 9002
This will involve physical activities such as transporting optics to and from the coating department.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to carry out each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Experience & formal qualifications are desired.
You will have qualifications in Maths & Physics up to GCSE or A-Level. You will be computer literate to include all Microsoft packages, most importantly Excel. You will have the ability to analyse situations and results (reasoning ability and logical thought)
Training will be provided.