HGV/LGV Class 1 Day Driver – Trunking
This is an ongoing role and can lead to permanent work for the right drive
This role pays £12.00 per hour with a £14.00 per hour overtime rate.
This role will be a Monday to Friday day role with start times ranging from 5am to 8am. Days are normally around the 10 hour marks
One of the UKs most renowned logistics business whom run logistics for some of the UKs most reputable businesses are looking to add to their growing driving team.
The ideal candidate would be required to deliver large engineering parts to various locations within main land UK. Drops will be between 1 and 4 daily. At the destination points, you will need to ensure the load is unloaded correctly and accurately although no handball is required. You will be required to get paperwork checked and signed prior to departing each destination. Any issues must be reported to the transport office as and when the events occur.
To apply for this role you must hold entitlement to drive a class 1 vehicle, hold a valid digital tachograph card and have the drivers CPC qualification. Drivers must have experience in driving a class 1 vehicle. We are looking for drivers who are good communicators, well presented and professional.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references