HGV / LGV / C+E / Class 1 – Days
This is a full-time, ongoing position.
The wage for this position is £10.50 per hour.
This role is an immediate start. The working week is Monday to Friday with a 06:00 start, working an average of 60 hours per week.
Class 1 drivers are wanted for one of the UK’s leading next day freight delivery services. You will be responsible for the delivery of freight to regional and national distribution centres and depots across the UK.
This position will entail:
• Delivering customers’ orders accurately and on time
• Hub Runs/Trunking
• Vehicle safety checks
• Complying with health and safety
• Completion of paperwork
For this role suitable candidates will have the following:
• A full UK C+E/Class 1 Driving Licence
• An in-date CPC card
• A digital tachograph card
• Excellent time keeping skills
• Good communication skills
We cannot consider any candidates with ANY DR, DD or IN10 convictions within the past 5 years.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references