HGV Class 1 Drivers – £17 per hour
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
The pay rates are as follows
£17 per hour Monday to Friday
£19 per hour Saturdays
£20.50 per hour Sundays
This role is working a 5 in 7 pattern with start times from 12 noon through till 10pm daily. Flexible is essential in this role
Our client, a large logistics business are currently seeking HGV class 1 drivers to work PMs. The ideal driver would complete 2 – 5 store drops daily. This will all be caged or palletised and assistance will be given the destination points. The driver will need to be able to conduct pre departure checks prior to leaving the site, complete all paperwork required and complete general vehicle maintenance.
To apply for the role you will need to hold class 1 entitlement to drive, a valid digital tacho card and the drivers CPC qualification. Must be physically fit and able due to the nature of the work. Previous experience is preferred but not essential
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references