HGV Class 1 Driver – Days
This is an ongoing role and can lead to permanent work for the right candidate
This role will pay £13 per hour with an overtime rate of £15 per hour with a £1 up lift for ltd company drivers
This role is a Monday to Friday role starting at 6am daily
One of the UKS largest logistics and distribution businesses are currently seeking HGV Class 1 drivers to join a team of professional drivers. The ideal candidate will be required to complete trunk runs to various depos across the UK. You will be require to ensure that all freight is delivered safely and securely. Must ensure the standard if the cab is kept and well maintained. Trucks are 67 and 18 plates mainly and re kept to high standards.
This role would require the driver to have the entitlement to drive an HGV class 1 vehicle, hold the drivers CPC qualification and have a valid digital tachograph card. Experience in a similar role is preferred
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references