Domestic Assistants with DBS
This is an on going role that has the potential to go from a temporary to a permanent role for successful candidates.
The rate of pay for this role is £8.50 per hour.
The hours of work are between 0700hrs and 1700hrs, working any days between Monday to Friday. Some weekend work may be involved so you must be flexible.
IMMEDIATE STARTS FOR KITCHEN ASSISTANTS WITH A DBS CHECK – We are looking for experienced Kitchen Assistants to work in the Eckington area of Sheffield starting immediately. This is an on-going role that potentially can become permanent for successful candidates. They provide a homely and supportive residential care setting that can accommodate up to 26 residents with various illnesses associated with Old Age in a safe and secure environment. Due to the environment an enhanced DBS check is desirable.
Your duties as a Kitchen Assistant will include food preparation, cleaning and general hygiene duties. Previous experience within a similar role is desirable, preferably in a care home kitchen catering for large amounts of people. It is also advisable that you hold a current food hygiene certificate.
You will be working along-side the Catering Supervisor in providing a varied and specialised diet for residents with conditions such as Diabetes and high cholesterol. You will also be required to serve these meals to the residents.
• You must have at least a year’s experience in a similar role within a care setting.
• An NVQ Level 2 in Catering or Hospitality is desirable or time served checkable work history in this setting.
• A current food hygiene certificate.
• Must have a current DBS check dated within the last year or the means to pay for one prior to starting work.
Once you have applied for a job, if you are suitable you will be invited to your local office for an interview. On arrival for your interview you will be asked to provide proof of:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK.
- If the position that you have applied for requires a qualification you will be asked to provide proof of that qualification (such as both parts of your driving licence, a forklift truck licence, a CRB or DBS certificate etc).
- Proof of your home address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of your National Insurance number (such as a National Insurance card, P60, P45 a letter from HMRC)
- Details of two references